POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Sphere/polyherdon question : Re: Sphere/polyherdon question Server Time
3 Aug 2024 12:21:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Sphere/polyherdon question
From: Ilia Guzei
Date: 2 May 2004 02:31:24
Message: <409495bc@news.povray.org>
I have done that, but the distribution is not even as the four triangles
resulting from division of each original one are not equilateral.  The final
distribution is somewhat skewed with higher "point density" about the
original vertices.

Mersenne twister can probably produce a random enough (as in "uniform")
distribution but I'd rather do it exactly if possible.  I need to do it once
to generate an input table for an application, so time and algorithm
efficiency is irrelevant.

The exact number of points does not matter as long as it is large enough.

Best regards,
Ilia